California is a place of opportunity— and no industry embodies this promise more than the grocery industry.
CGA Educational Foundation has announced the creation of CGAEF Scholarship Endowment honoring their 25th anniversary of supporting the industry with financial assistance and educational opportunities. The endowment will perpetually award scholarships to grocery industry employees through an initial investment of $250,000 from our Founders Circle Members.
In honor of the CGAEF’s past and future Hall of Achievement Inductees, the CGA Educational Foundation established the Legends of the Industry Scholarship, as part of the newly established Scholarship Endowment. This scholarship is an annual $10,000 scholarship awarded to one applicant who is pursuing a career in the grocery and/or grocery-related manufacturing industries beginning in 2018, and in perpetuity.
To be eligible for this award, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be a full-time or part-time employee, or the dependent of an employee, of a CGA member company, for at least one year as of April 1, 2018
- be enrolling as a full-time or part-time student for the 2018/19 academic year
- be an undergraduate or graduate student
- be pursuing a career in the grocery or grocery-related manufacturing industries
- complete two essay questions
Eligible applicants may apply for the Legends of the Industry scholarship here.
Founders Circle Members and Endowment Donors:
Since its inception, the CGAEF Scholarship Endowment has generated $340,000 in funds supporting college scholarships. It will support student success and opportunity by creating a permanent funding source for college scholarships, offering relief to the rising costs that keep many students from completing their education.
Read more here.